“Man is not a farmer, or a professor, or an engineer, but he is all. Man is priest, and scholar, and statesman, and producer, and soldier. . .
Man is thus metamorphosed into a thing, into many things. The planter, who is Man sent out into the field to gather food, is seldom cheered by any idea of the true dignity of his ministry. He sees his bushel and his cart, and nothing beyond, and sinks into the farmer, instead of Man on the farm. The tradesman scarcely ever gives an ideal worth to his work, but is ridden by the routine of his craft, and the soul is subject to dollars. The priest becomes a form; the attorney, a statute-book; the mechanic, a machine; the sailor, a rope of a ship.
In this distribution of functions, the scholar is the delegated intellect. In the right state, he is, Man Thinking. In the degenerate state, when the victim of society, he tends to become a mere thinker, or, still worse, the parrot of other men’s thinking….”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Who We Are
We are a non-profit organization dedicated to promote education around the world. Our funding comes from contributions of all PMC Group companies. The Chakrabarti family believes excellence in education is a primary requirement for enduring civilization.
What We Do
- We donate grants for institutions and individuals all around the globe.
- We also fund libraries, donate school desks and books to schools in underdeveloped countries.
- We promote deserving students in schools around PMC Group companies to attend science fairs.
- We also fund school laboratories with equipment.
The following categories are funded each year by the board of the Foundation.
- Scholarships for children of PMC Group employees, renewable for four years.
- Funding for Institutions and Schools around PMC Group companies.
- Bengali Scholar Award for college going students of Bengali descent.
- Promote summer schools for Pennsylvania student residents who want to pursue the business world.
Please contact us with your scholarship application at firstname.lastname@example.org.